Every business looks for ways to save money while growing and remaining competitive. Having reliable inventory sources is essential when it comes to growing a business. An excellent way to achieve this is through wholesale purchasing. There are two main types of wholesaling available: general wholesaling and liquidation wholesaling. Knowing the differences between general wholesale and liquidation wholesale can make all the difference in profitability and customer satisfaction. Also, knowing when to consult liquidation companies in Canada is crucial.
What Is General Wholesale?
General wholesale refers to products purchased in bulk directly from the manufacturer at a discounted rate. While it is similar to wholesale liquidation in Canada, it has some key differences. General wholesalers purchase goods in bulk and then resell them at a higher price to retailers. These products may include household items, clothing, electronics, food products, furniture, etc.
This type of purchasing allows businesses to stock their shelves with quality items while still making a profit on each sale. The benefit for the retailer is that they can purchase items at a lower cost than if they bought them from the manufacturer directly. Other benefits of General wholesale include:
- Consistent quality – since you’re purchasing directly from the manufacturer, you can be sure that the product you receive will meet your quality standards.
- Special pricing – due to a large number of purchases, you’ll often receive special pricing from manufacturers to incentivize larger orders.
- Longer-term relationships – establishing relationships with manufacturers allow for more favorable long-term deals and increased customer loyalty.
- Fewer risks – when working with trusted manufacturers, there is less risk associated with defective or misrepresented products.
What Is Liquidation Wholesale?
Liquidation wholesale differs from general wholesale as it involves reselling goods returned by customers for various reasons, such as damage. These goods could also come from businesses that have been overstocked. Liquidation wholesale is commonly available through liquidation companies in Canada.
There is some risk associated with this type of buying, such as the unknown condition or age of the product. But it allows businesses to purchase high-quality products at a fraction of their regular retail price. Other benefits of liquidation wholesale include:
- Lower cost per item – bulk purchases are far cheaper than regular wholesalers due to the nature of liquidation sales.
- Accessibility – liquidations provide access to products that might otherwise be harder to find.
- Increased profits – because liquidated items cost less than their retail counterparts, businesses have more potential for profits on sales.
- Flexibility and variety – liquidations offer businesses access to a wide variety of products at any given time, increasing flexibility and allowing companies to respond better to quickly changing consumer demands.
Michaels Global Trading is one of the most reliable wholesale liquidators in GTA that can help you with all your liquidation wholesale needs. We work with top companies across Canada and North America to ensure that equipment disassembly, removal, and sales are conducted effectively. Contact us today for more information on our services.