Stores, shopping centers and retail manufacturers are home to a wide assortment of products and merchandise. When moving to a new location, downsizing, merging, or closing shop, this merchandise can create a big problem.
Retail merchandise consists of new products with ongoing value. This makes tossing it out a waste of potential return on investment. However, managing, organizing, and facilitating sales can seem like an impossible job on top of everything else you take on during a closure.
Michaels Global Trading as a retail merchandise liquidator, helps retail stores facilitate liquidation of leftover retail merchandise. Our team of experienced professionals will work with you from start to finish, assessing inventory, managing relocation, and ensuring some form of return on investment.
Customizable Merchandising Solutions
No two retailers are the same. Therefore, Michaels Global Trading offers no one-size-fits-all solution to excess merchandise. Working closely with retail clients, we develop a strategy for the marketing and resale of products you wish to move,, unlike any other retail liquidation consultant. This is outlined in four clear stages:
- Appraisal – Michaels Global Trading offers professional appraisal services. We base our evaluations on merchandise of the same style and quality, researching sale prices, checking online databases, and referencing our own sale histories for the best prices.
- Storage – Clearing a retail space takes time, and in business time is money. Rather than trying to sell merchandise from your storefront, Michaels Global Trading will help organize, package and store merchandise until it can be sold. This allows you to continue the cleaning process, retrieving damage deposits and meeting deadlines for closure head-on.
- Staging – Marketing is tough without a store window, but MGT assists with staging, advertising, and merchandising. This step focuses on merchandise turnover, ensuring products look and sound appealing to consumers.
- Resale – Our resale process is unparalleled, aimed at raising the greatest level of capital possible.
Reselling merchandise through this retail liquidation method provides the best return on investment, ensuring fair market value in Canada and USA.
In orderly or forced liquidation evaluations, we may recommend auction as a form of resale. Auctions will not ensure the highest resale value but allow you to move items in bulk quickly. Auctions are a good choice for retailers facing financial issues, or tight deadlines.
In cases of auction, MGT will facilitate the auction process, preparing merchandise for sale, listing items, and attracting buyers.
Reasons to Use a Retail Merchandise Resale Service
There are many reasons retail business owners turn to merchandise liquidators like Michaels Global Trading to facilitate merchandise management and resale, including:
- Surplus overstock – In many cases, surplus inventory can be stored and sold over time. However, some merchandise doesn’t sell as quickly as retailers would like. In these cases, overstock gets stuck, taking up space in your warehouse. MGT takes on your overstock, making room in your storage facility for new products, and helping you sell the surplus inventory for profit.
- Discontinued merchandise – When a brand discontinued a product it leaves retailers in a sticky situation. Merchandise can be discontinued for many reasons, including safety or unpopularity. Whatever the case, we will help you clear discontinued products so you can stock your shelves with new ones.
- Store closure – Closing a store is a huge job, involving not only resale of merchandise, but removal and redistribution of equipment, shelving, digital tools, and more. Michaels Global Trading works with retailers from start to finish, clearing shelves, organizing equipment, and aiding in the sale, donation, removal, and liquidation of everything you need gone.
- Bankruptcy – In cases of bankruptcy, liquidation allows you to reclaim lost finances. Michaels offers competitive evaluations and auction services with a variety of resale solutions based on product and deadline.
Whatever your reason for requiring professional retail merchandise removal and liquidation services, we will help you clear your retail space or remove overstock merchandise from the equation.
Retail Liquidation Consulting and Advisory Services
Michaels Global Trading partners with some of the top buyers and sellers in North America, connecting our clients to the best possible resources for resale and liquidation efforts. When you work with one of our professional advisors, you gain years of experience and an entire network of support.
Working with retailers throughout a variety of niches and industries, Michaels Global Trading can help you determine the best course of action for your merchandise based on deadline, budget, and your current financial situation. Our job is helping you succeed, whatever your final goal may be.
With a tailored approach to inventory management, you can rest assured that Michaels Global Trading uses the latest data analysis and inventory flow strategies to successfully catalogue and liquidate your unwanted merchandise.
Using analytics, Michaels finds barriers and bottlenecks in the sale system, delivering powerful new strategies to tackle hard to sell merchandise.
Michaels Global Trading helps with bulk and individual resale, striving for a mix between fast and high income selling.
Removal, Recycling, and Donation Services
For retailers with unsellable merchandise, Michaels Global Trading will also facilitate removal services. With strict bylaws in North America for the recycling of certain materials, it’s important to work with an authority in your city to avoid red tape and legal issues.
Michaels assists with retrieval, recycling, and donation, ensuring your unusable supplies and equipment are cleared from your retail space quickly and efficiently with minimal harm to the environment. We will also help with clearing, organizing, and removing wiring and other debris from your retail space, leaving you with nothing to worry about but what you want to do with viable inventory.
Contact Michaels Global Trading
Michaels Global Trading is proud to serve businesses across Canada and the United States. Working closely with our retail clients, we develop unparalleled strategies for the successful management of merchandise and sales equipment. Whether you’re moving to a new store location and need to get rid of bulk inventory, or you’re closing out and want to liquidate all stock, we can help.
Interested in learning more about Michaels Global Trading and our retail merchandise removal and liquidation services? We invite you to contact us through our online contact page, or call us at 1-888-902-7531 today.
We offer complete liquidation services for office furniture, IT equipment, construction equipment, and more!
BEST IN THE INDUSTRY! That’s how we would describe Michaels Global Trading. They took all the headaches for our office move, decommissioning office cubicle, and did everything at a great price. They planned everything ahead of time and were on time to finish the job. Marlon, Mario, and team were extremely professional. They were fast to respond, fair in prices, and extremely service oriented. We would recommend them to companies who are planning an office move or decommissioning office furniture or equipment. – Brainhunter Systems Ltd.
We engaged Michaels Global Trading to remove and dispose a large quantity of office furniture during renovations. Marlon and his team were professional, efficient and made our jobs much easier. It was nice not having to deal with all those desks ourselves!
Cloesout merchandise is inventory that does not sell well, or in the case of the final closure of a retailer, because of a relocation, a fire, or of a bankruptcy.
Salvage merchandise is merchandise that has been exchanged, returned, or shelf pulled for any reason.
We sell directly to wholesalers, dealers, online/offline retailers and importers/exporters.
FSN stands for fast-moving, slow-moving and non-moving items. Essentially, this segments inventory into three classifications. It looks at quantity, consumption rate and how often the item is issued and used.