Michaels Global Trading is well known name among business liquidation companies, providing asset liquidation services across North America within a range of industries. We facilitate removal, decommission, and liquidation of company assets, ensuring you receive return on your investments and avoid red tape and legal issues.
Business asset Liquidation services facilitate the relocation and resale of equipment you no longer need. Businesses with bulk inventory, or financial complications may choose liquidation to ensure some return on investment for the furnishings and technology in your office or shop.
Why Use Business Liquidation Services?
Companies use business liquidation services for many reasons, including:
- Overstock/Discontinued inventory – Retail businesses with overstock they cannot move often turn to asset liquidation services to reduce clutter and free storage for new products. Whether merchandise has been discontinued, or remains unpopular, MGT can help evaluate, market, and move overstock.
- Downsizing – Companies minimizing their office space, staff, and clutter often have residual furniture, IT equipment and other unnecessary clutter. Rather than losing your initial investment, MGT will work with you to resell or auction these items for liquidation.
- Mergers – Merging two or more businesses results in an over abundance of equipment and furnishings. Liquidation allows you to sell and purchase all new supplies, or simply earn some money toward your office upgrades by selling outdated resources.
- Retirement – Retirement is an exciting time, but for business owners it means looking for ways to remove or repurpose unnecessary equipment and technology. Liquidation offers cash for your assets.
- Closing shop – Like retirement, closing a business means residual items such as furniture, merchandise, IT equipment and more. Liquidation avoids the messy business of organizing belongings for recycling, while making a financial gain.
- Bankruptcy – Filing for bankruptcy is an emotional experience. Michaels Global Trading stands by you from beginning to end, clearing your business, appraising equipment and merchandise, and ensuring you get the highest possible return on value for your belongings.
Michaels Global Trading specializes in business asset liquidation and resale, providing professional appraisal services and advisory in Ontario, Canada and USA.
Professional Appraisal Services
Michaels Global Trading offers certified appraisal services for liquidation and resale. Our team of experienced appraisers is constantly watching the business horizon for changes in value and equipment, so we are in the know about the latest technology and upgrades.
Our appraisal technique uses several methods of research and observation to ensure fair and competitive evaluations. Depending on your deadline and financial situation, you may benefit from one of the following evaluation methods:
- Fair Market Value: Market value depends on the current price of items like those you are selling. When we determine fair market value, we consider age, quality, online journals, catalogues, free-market prices, and our personal sales history. Using these resources our team provides up-to-date and competitive values.
- Orderly Liquidation Value: In an orderly liquidation, time is on your side. This is an auction-style evaluation, considering the amount your equipment would retrieve given the benefit of waiting for the highest bidder. This differs from fair market value in that the buyer sets the tone for the appraisal.
- Forced Liquidation Value: A forced liquidation insinuates a time limit on illuminating assets. When you need equipment gone fast, forced liquidation value ensures a quick bulk purchase. However, it won’t guarantee fair market price on your appraisal.
Working with an asset liquidation company with a professional appraiser provides a one-stop-shop for the sale and clearance of your business. Rather than dealing with multiple entities, Michaels Global Trading handles all avenues of equipment removal and resale for you.
Bulk vs. Single Liquidation
Michaels Global Trading operates in the knowledge that no two clients are alike. We understand that your reasons for liquidation may differ from another business, and we focus on curating bespoke liquidation procedures just for you. One of the ways we set ourselves apart is by offering bulk and small lot liquidation processes.
- Bulk – Bulk liquidation occurs when you have multiple products that fit the same description, niche, or theme. By selling items together in bulk you fight time constraints by ensuring your office space empties quickly and efficiently while still earning back some income on initial capital.
- Single – Single item liquidation is the sale of individual equipment one piece at a time. You can sell single items traditionally or through an auction, fetching fair market, orderly, or forced liquidation values.
- Parts – It isn’t only whole products that can be liquidated. You might be surprised to learn the value of internal electrical components, storage devices, and more. E-waste is a particularly lucrative niche for partial liquidation, selling lots of computer equipment to companies in need.
However, if you choose to liquidate, Michaels Global Trading has the tools and experience to ensure competitive bids and thorough appraisals. Our team will work with you to price, auction/sell, and deliver equipment from your business, leaving your space clear of debris and unwanted clutter.
What Can Be Liquidated?
Any asset of value can be liquidated, including those from commercial, residential, and industrial locations, such as:
- Real estates
- Warehouse equipment
- Construction machinery
- Office furniture
- Retail merchandise
- IT equipment
Michaels Global Trading works with businesses from a variety of sectors. When we develop a liquidation strategy, we customize it to suit your company’s individual needs. Your success is our success, so you can rest assured that we will fight to get you the best price on your residual assets.
Contact Michaels Global Trading Today
Michaels Global Trading currently serves companies across Ontario, Canada and the United States. Our asset liquidators will work with you on an advisory basis, taking stock of your inventory and providing options for retrieval, resale, or auction.
Before we begin liquidating, we assess your office for value and alternative de-cluttering options. We don’t stop at liquidation but offer solutions on all equipment left in your possession. Clearing house means more than selling unused products, it means ensuring retail spaces are cleared and damage deposits retained.
Interested in learning more about Michaels Global Trading and our liquidation services? We invite you to contact us through our online contact page or call us at 1-888-902-7531 and speak to one of our experienced liquidation experts today.
BEST IN THE INDUSTRY! That’s how we would describe Michaels Global Trading. They took all the headaches for our office move, decommissioning office cubicle, and did everything at a great price. They planned everything ahead of time and were on time to finish the job. Marlon, Mario, and team were extremely professional. They were fast to respond, fair in prices, and extremely service oriented. We would recommend them to companies who are planning an office move or decommissioning office furniture or equipment. – Brainhunter Systems Ltd.
We engaged Michaels Global Trading to remove and dispose a large quantity of office furniture during renovations. Marlon and his team were professional, efficient and made our jobs much easier. It was nice not having to deal with all those desks ourselves!
60% of the time when medical equipment is being liquidated, it gets exported to international buyers where their markets have not yet come to speed with North American technology.
The assets are sold and the proceeds are spilt amongst the creditors. Creditors that have secured debt against the company are paid first leaving unsecured creditors sometimes with little or nothing.
If you’re selling your assets to a liquidator then there are no costs that you will incur because liquidators normally pay the seller and organize all logistics for removal.
This depends on the type of assets being liquidated and the business model of the liquidator. Some liquidators like to perform on-site / auction sales from the sellers location or remove all assets to bring to their warehouse for processing. Normally with an on-site / auction sale the seller can expect to pay some marketing cost but will recoup that cost from the profits when the assets sell. If the assets are being removed the seller can expect to be paid immediately upon removal.
You should engage a liquidator as soon as possible. Selling some of your assets can be a great way to recoup some money to pay back any outstanding debts and avoid bankruptcy.