For companies who are staffing hundreds of employees in one space, many are turning to eco-friendly office furniture. More than ever, companies are turning their workspaces into “eco-offices” because it is environmentally friendly and cost-effective.
Eco-offices emphasize green solutions where employees work in an office or workspace that incorporate eco-friendly furniture. Fortunately, there are tons of affordable eco-friendly office furniture options that are sustainable, and companies find there are many benefits for both the environment and the employees.
At Michael’s Global Trading, we are experienced office furniture and equipment liquidators, who assist your company to get rid of used office furniture in Toronto, Canada. If your company is relocating and you require office furniture removal, we are experts in reselling and recycling your company’s office furniture. Let’s take a closer look at the things you can incorporate into your workspace to make it eco-friendlier and more sustainable.
Used Office Furniture Facts
Recycling used office furniture in Toronto is environmentally-friendly because it saves the need for raw materials for producing new office furniture. In the long run, by reducing the demand in creating office furniture, companies are saving trees, and this action alone contributes towards dealing with global warming. Here are other interesting office furniture facts:
- Over 9.7 million tons of furniture gets dumped in landfills.
- Re-manufacturing at least 40 cubicles prevent one tractor-trailer load of furniture from a landfill.
- Experts estimate that businesses discard approximately 3 million tons of furniture each year, incurring disposal costs of almost $100 million.
- Up to 85-95% less labour is required when altering used office furniture compared to making it new.
- Less than 1 in 10 people attempt to restore or repair used office furniture.
Office Items Eligible For Eco-Friendly Disposal
At Michael’s Global Trading, we specialize in office chair liquidation services for companies and organizations in Toronto that are planning to downsize or relocate. Here are the following office furniture items that are eligible for eco-friendly disposal and tips on how to prepare them for recycling.
- Individual office desks, tables, and large working tables used in boardrooms are eligible for eco-friendly disposal. When preparing desks and tables for recycling, empty all drawers and wipe down with a clean rag. Make notes of any small damages on the desks and tables, such as dents, scratches, or permanent markings.
- Filing cabinets should be cleaned out and should not contain any file folders or loose papers before recycling. After removing the contents in each filing cabinet, wipe down the surface and handles with a clean rag. Record any notes of broken handles and small damages, if any.
- When preparing bookshelves for eco-friendly disposal, be sure to remove all books, photo frames, and any decorative items placed on each shelf. Have plenty of boxes to store the books and items in. Wipe down each shelf space, so it is free of dust.
- Remove any external cushions set on the sitting part of the office chair and ensure the chair wheels and armrests are functioning. Wipe down the office chairs and make a note of any rips or damages on each chair.
- Prepare cubicle walls for recycling by removing all contents such as photo frames, papers, bulletin boards, and any decorative items posted on each cubicle wall. Have plenty of boxes to store the items in or throw away unimportant papers. Wipe down each cubicle wall’s hinges and windows, if any.
Eco-Friendly Solutions For Used Office Furniture
With the increasing demand for used office furniture in Toronto, here are the most common eco-friendly solutions you can do to ‘go green’ in your company.
- As long as the used office furniture is in good shape, and it isn’t being used, it can be recycled and reused in an eco-friendly way.
- Recycling office furniture means converting potential waste items into reusable materials.
- The process of recycling office furniture includes performing small modifications such as painting, polishing and crafting existing items to obtain a new furniture setup.
Reuse Or Refurbish
- Use colourful slipcovers to make existing office furniture look new.
- Refurbish office chairs by replacing the old fabric.
- Repurpose used desks into shelves or chairs.
- Convert old filing cabinets into planters.
- Add modern, colourful cushions to office chairs.
- As long as furniture items are in great condition, many charities and nonprofit organizations such as Goodwill and the Salvation Army accept old desks and bookshelves.
- Many private schools, hotels, government-funded programs, and hospitals accept old office furniture such as chairs, tables, and desks.
Use An Environmental-Friendly Furniture Removal Company
- When choosing an office furniture removal company, select the one that takes the environment seriously, so your company can have a positive impact on the environment.
- Be sure to clarify their green practices when handling and recycling office furniture.
Benefits Of Going The Eco-Friendly Way
We can’t stress it enough: going green with office furniture helps conserve the environment and saves your company tons of money. Every bit of energy and every resource that you save adds up to make a huge difference. Here are other benefits of going the eco-friendly way:
- Recycling used office furniture reduces the need for raw materials when making new furniture products.
- By recycling furniture, thousands of trees are saved and prevent global warming.
- Ultimately, a clean environment improves the quality of food and our health.
- Recycling furniture increases sustainability, which is an important aspect of modern furniture design.
- On top of helping the environment, recycling, and donating can result in a tax deduction for your company.
How Can Michael’s Global Trading Assist You With Recycling Used Office Furniture In Toronto?
At Michael’s Global Trading, we take pride in being a green resource solution for getting rid of your office furniture in Toronto and making sure it gets recycled and reused by the right company. Here are the recycling services we provide to help your company go eco-friendly:
- We sell your used office furniture cubicles to furniture restorers or remanufacturers who are happy to pay for old furniture so they can repair it and sell at a higher price.
- We donate office chairs that are not re-sellable to local charities. If you have a charity in mind, let us know, and we will reach out to them.
- We sell old office desks to businesses that specialize in recycling and scrap material.
- Dispose of any unwanted office equipment in an eco-friendly and sustainable manner
- We have office chair liquidators that find the right buyer who’s looking for the exact office chairs and desks on sale, specifically, tailoring to the size and aesthetic value.
We practice efficient and eco-friendly furniture removal services, so you don’t have to spend your time disposing of office furniture. If you would like to set up an appointment to sell your used office furniture in Toronto, call us at Michael’s Global Trading at 1-888-471-5066 or contact us here. We will get back to you within 24 – 48 hours to arrange an appointment.
BEST IN THE INDUSTRY! That’s how we would describe Michaels Global Trading. They took all the headaches for our office move, decommissioning office cubicle, and did everything at a great price. They planned everything ahead of time and were on time to finish the job. Marlon, Mario, and team were extremely professional. They were fast to respond, fair in prices, and extremely service oriented. We would recommend them to companies who are planning an office move or decommissioning office furniture or equipment. – Brainhunter Systems Ltd.
We engaged Michaels Global Trading to remove and dispose a large quantity of office furniture during renovations. Marlon and his team were professional, efficient and made our jobs much easier. It was nice not having to deal with all those desks ourselves!
Liquidation items can be anything that can be sold from a business to generate cash flow. Examples would be furniture, computers, machinery, vehicles, fixtures etc.
The simplest answer is no. There are many factors that affect the value of your assets. Some examples would be market conditions, supply and demand, age, condition and location.
Every appraisal is different and has specific requirements. The cost is directly linked to the scope of work involved.
That depends on several factors; first, how much equipment is being appraised. Appraising a large machinery shop with hundred’s of pieces will take significantly longer than appraising a small mom and pop business.
Majority of appraisal reports will have equipment values and a synopsis of how the appraiser came up with the values given.
Some commons reasons for an appraisal are mergers & acquisitions, business valuation, bankruptcy, financing & SBA lending, insurance, buy and sell agreements or partnership dissolutions.