IT Equipment Liquidation and Decommissioning
Closing an office is a big job. There are cubicles to dismantle, files to sort, desks to break down, and electronics to unwire and properly dispose of. Office equipment removal and sorting through office technology is a tricky task. It takes knowledge of local disposal laws, and a keen eye for restoration potential to determine which pieces should be recycled, and which might have a few years left in them.
At Michaels Global Trading, we have a long successful history of working with IT companies and office spaces across North America. With an experienced team, dedicated to carrying out our clients’ wishes for technology removal and recycling, we know the fastest and safest ways to clear your office and ensure your deadlines and budgets are met.
Types of IT Equipment
Offices are full of a variety of digital tools and devices. Fortunately, our team is comfortable unwiring, dismantling, and re-boxing anything your office might hold. Michaels Global Trading specializes in a wide assortment of IT equipment decommissioning, including:
- Digital Storage
- Digital Security
- Printers/Copy/Fax Machines
- VOIP Technology
Within the scope of these devices, we also manage a selection of brands, such as:
Don’t see your brand on our list? No problem. These are only some of the products we work with on a regular basis. You can specify your device brand when scheduling an appointment with our team, but we are confident in our ability to disassemble any and all office equipment.
Benefits to Calling Experts in IT Equipment Removal
Clearing an office of IT equipment can be a daunting task. Aside from the overwhelming nature of the job, there are many benefits to calling a professional IT equipment decommissioning and office equipment removal company, such as:
- Disposal Guidelines – According to the Environmental Protection Agency, twenty-five U.S. states have laws about technology disposal, especially regarding cathode ray tubes. Environment Canada has similar expectations. Michaels Global Trading is familiar with laws and regulations across North America, ensuring your company isn’t hit with any liability suits or fines regarding technology disposal.
- Attention to Detail – Michaels Global Trading is a professional IT equipment disposal company. We pride ourselves on the three C’s, being careful, clean, and cautious. Our goal is always to leave your worksite immaculate. Whether we are emptying the entire site of furnishings, equipment, and debris, or removing only specified items, our attention to detail sets us apart from our competitors.
- Knowledge of Equipment – Michaels’ experienced team is always watching the digital sector for new information on office equipment and upgrades. Not only do we familiarize ourselves with what each piece of technology does, but how long they last, and whether they are worth refurbishing.
Working with a professional for IT equipment disposal takes the stress away from your management team, allowing you to focus on big picture items while we take out the trash.
Reasons for IT Equipment Disposal
There are many reasons a company may require a professional IT Equipment removal and disposal service. At Michaels Global Trading, it’s not our job to ask why you’re downsizing, but it is our job to ensure your IT disposal goes smoothly and meets local laws for recycling.
Our IT clients request our equipment disposal services for many reasons, including:
- Outdated/Obsolete Equipment – IT Equipment has an expiration date, like most other items. Depending on the type of equipment, it may live longer than others. A LAN, for example, may last up to 15-years, while a typical PC will last only 5-8 years. If your equipment has become outdated and obsolete, we can help properly dispose of it, so you have the space to update your technology.
- Bankruptcy – Sometimes a Michaels Global Trading client must liquidate IT assets due to bankruptcy. Our team specializes in asset liquidation and can help you get the most out of your investment.
- Relocation – Moving offices and unsure if everything is worth moving? Michaels will help you sort through your technology and dispose of outdated IT equipment quickly and efficiently.
- Downsizing – Less is more, and many offices across North America are shifting gears into a minimalist setting. If your office is downsizing, we will remove unwanted IT equipment, and ensure it is properly disposed of.
- Company Mergers – Company mergers mean IT equipment is coming together from two separate businesses. If you have more than you need it makes sense to dispose of unnecessary items. This is where Michael’s Global Trading can help.
- Equipment Change – Has your company partnered with a brand exclusively? Michaels will sort through the off-branded IT equipment and get it out of your hair.
Whatever the reason for your change of location you can count on Michaels Global Trading to help with the heavy lifting.
IT Equipment Liquidation Services
Looking to turn your loss into a gain? Michaels Global Trading can help you make one person’s junk another’s treasure through our IT equipment liquidation services.
Many devices in the tech world have a short life span, and these seem to reduce with each new model. While you could recycle many of the computers and equipment in your office, there are businesses and individuals who would buy those unusable machines for parts, or resale.
The team at Michaels Global Trading will help you evaluate the worth of your unwanted technology and find buyers. Whether you are looking to earn back money toward upgraded technology, or you are liquidating due to bankruptcy, our team offers quick, fair, and private services.
IT Equipment is costly, especially in bulk. Our goal is to ensure you don’t miss any opportunities to earn back the money you’ve spent on your business investments.
Contact Michaels Global Trading to Learn More
Michaels Global Trading has been serving North Americans for nearly a decade. Our services include waste removal, decommission, donation, and liquidation. We also offer appraisals on office spaces and IT equipment.
Interested in learning more about Michael’s Global Trading and our IT equipment services? We invite you to give us a call at 1-888-471-5066 today.
We offer complete liquidation services for office furniture, IT equipment, construction equipment, and more!
BEST IN THE INDUSTRY! That’s how we would describe Michaels Global Trading. They took all the headaches for our office move, decommissioning office cubicle, and did everything at a great price. They planned everything ahead of time and were on time to finish the job. Marlon, Mario, and team were extremely professional. They were fast to respond, fair in prices, and extremely service oriented. We would recommend them to companies who are planning an office move or decommissioning office furniture or equipment. – Brainhunter Systems Ltd.
We engaged Michaels Global Trading to remove and dispose a large quantity of office furniture during renovations. Marlon and his team were professional, efficient and made our jobs much easier. It was nice not having to deal with all those desks ourselves!
Liquidation items can be anything that can be sold from a business to generate cash flow. Examples would be furniture, computers, machinery, vehicles, fixtures etc.
The simplest answer is no. There are many factors that affect the value of your assets. Some examples would be market conditions, supply and demand, age, condition and location.
Every appraisal is different and has specific requirements. The cost is directly linked to the scope of work involved.
That depends on several factors; first, how much equipment is being appraised. Appraising a large machinery shop with hundred’s of pieces will take significantly longer than appraising a small mom and pop business.
Majority of appraisal reports will have equipment values and a synopsis of how the appraiser came up with the values given.
Some commons reasons for an appraisal are mergers & acquisitions, business valuation, bankruptcy, financing & SBA lending, insurance, buy and sell agreements or partnership dissolutions.